This activity is designed for primary care physicians, endocrinologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, certified diabetes educators, registered dietitians, and other healthcare professionals involved in managing patients with Type 2 diabetes.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
1. Review current statistics and future projections of Type 2 diabetes in Arizona, the U.S. and worldwide.
2. Define prediabetes and utilize practical tools for early diagnosis, lifestyle modification and management of obesity.
3. Utilize practical strategies to improve patient adherence based on current recommendations and sharing of personal success stories by audience members.
4. Assess recent studies and guidelines for the use of incretin-based therapies.
5. Describe the evolution of insulin therapy and review current options when designing individualized care plans.
6. Explain the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disease and chronic kidney disease in relation to diabetes and its management.
7. Identify strategies to manage lipid disorders based on the new AACE guidelines.
8. Analyze the risks, benefits and options for bariatric surgery for obese patients, and when to refer.
9. Explain the impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on comprehensive diabetes care.
Improve the management of patients with Type 2 diabetes through updates on strategies and resources for early diagnosis, lifestyle modifications, evidence-based treatment options, comorbid conditions and the impact of healthcare reform. Changes in competence and performance will be facilitated through the assessment of real-life case scenarios via an interactive audience response system.
Special Needs and ADA Compliance
Persons with special needs or a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a dietary choices, sign language interpreter, etc., by contacting Richard Vanderpool at 888-YourCE1 (888-968-7231) or email@example.com. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation